While handling all of your print and mail services in-house seems like it will be more convenient in terms of keeping track of each aspect of a project, print outsourcing can also help your company increase their ROI. For one thing, print and mail outsourcing services save you time and money in terms of freeing up your employees to handle their daily tasks which leads to increased profits.
In addition, outsource printing services for print projects also adds a level of convenience to the entire process. You send the design to the outsource company via email, request a certain number of printed materials and then receive the finished copies back from your print partner.
Using an outsourcing company for printing projects can seem both simple and convenient: Send the design by email, request the number of prints, and get the copies back.
In this article, we will examine the benefits of outsource printing services while also giving you some factors to keep in mind before committing to that plan. Let’s find out if working with print production companies is the best option for your business or if you should keep your print services in-house.
Benefits of Outsourcing Your Print Needs
Here are some of the benefits of print outsourcing services:
- Efficiency – The act of sending out a job to a full service print company means they handle all of the work. They have all of the necessary print equipment to produce your materials so all you need to do is simply place the order.
- Risk Prevention – In general, outsource printing means another company has to use its own resources for the printing process. Even though there are some costs on your end, there are less risks involved in using the equipment and resources of an experienced business printer.
- Labor Costs – You will save money on labor costs that are required for printing projects of all types and sizes.
- Employee Resources – Working with a print and mail outsourcing company frees up time your employees would spend on cleaning, maintaining, and restocking print equipment.
- Customized Work – High quality printed materials are created using a range of options provided by outsourced printers. In other words, if you need a specialized print job, rely on the experts in the field.
- Print Mailing – Once your mail piece is printed, the next step is preparing the materials for mailing. Steps such as collating, stuffing, closing the envelopes, stamping, and mailing can conveniently be handled by many outsourced printing providers.
- No Space Requirements or Upkeep Costs – Outsource printers save you precious space since you won’t need to house or store any print equipment. Plus, you will not have maintenance costs related to the upkeep of the equipment.
- Peace of Mind – Outsourcing printing gives you peace of mind by delivering great results that you know will be done correctly and according to your schedule.
Factors to Consider When Deciding to Outsource Your Print Needs
- FREQUENCY OF PRINTING PROJECTS
When it comes to your print frequency and order volume, purchasing a production printer for your business can help you save money and time. Does your company use printing services on a regular basis or on an as-needed basis? The use of outsourced printing services might incur higher costs over the long run. If your print needs are high frequency and large volume, purchasing a production printer might be best for your budget and overall ROI.
- TIME AND PRODUCTIVITY
Do you constantly send employees to pick up print orders? Are there time lags, errors or inconsistent print quality that is hurting your productivity? On the other hand, are your employees too busy running print equipment to focus on their main tasks? Would it take too long to offset the cost of buying and installing your own print equipment? Keep these questions in mind when determining if in-house or outsourced production printing is the right call for your business.
- HIGH QUALITY AND CREATIVE CONTROL
The outsourcing decision means you have to give up some control over the print process. Mistakes can happen but having your own printing equipment gives you complete control over the level of quality of the finished product. You can also print as many samples as needed to make sure the end result meets your specifications. These tasks can take time so be prepared for a large financial investment and a steep learning curve.
Outsourcing your printing saves time and money but you need to make sure it is the best decision for your business. Be sure and partner with an experienced and knowledgeable print partner you can work with for many years.
Contact Us Now for More InformationPhone: 609-900-8492