Have you ever noticed a glossy finish on part of a design of a printed product? Perhaps you’ve seen this on packaging, business cards or even magazines. This glossy finish is known as spot UV coating and it’s a printing technique that can enhance and elevate your printed product. UV coating is one of the most popular effects used in the printing industry today, and for good reason.
Let’s take a look at what UV print coating is exactly, how it can be used and the benefits it adds to your final printed product.
What is UV Spot Coating?
UV spot coating is a clear varnish that can be applied to specific areas of a print project. Much like the way ink is added to a project, varnish is a liquid applied via a cylinder during the printing process. Afterwards, the varnish will need to be cured using a UV light (AKA spot UV coating). This option adds both a reflective property to a project along with a textural component that draws attention to a certain part of a project. UV print coating offers a number of benefits that help your business along with your customers and the environment.
Benefits of UV Print Coating
- UV Spot Coating Offers Improved Durability
One of the main benefits of UV spot coating is the improved durability it provides printed materials. The UV varnish forms a protective layer on the printed material so it is much more resistant to wear and tear as time passes on items such as business cards, brochures, and frequently handled promotional materials.
- Customization with UV Printing
UV print coating allows you to customize the process and your product by selecting the areas of the print materials to which the effect is applied. This customization can become part of your product’s branding and make it more luxurious.
- UV Spot Printing Is Eco-Friendly
UV coating is an environmentally friendly option that uses less ink and produces fewer emissions than the traditional printing process. In general, it is a more sustainable choice for any of your print needs.
- Create an Enhanced Appearance with UV Coating
UV spot coating also enhances the overall appearance of printed materials thanks to a glossy finish, created by the UV varnish, that adds a professional and compelling touch to your prints.
- Faster Turnaround Times Using UV Print Coating
Traditional printing methods can take anywhere from 12-24 hours of drying time. However with spot UV coating, drying times are practically instantaneous. This reduces production time and allows for faster turnaround and shipping times.
How to Incorporate Spot UV Printing Into Your Products
Spot UV coating is a great way to increase durability to your printed products, stand out from your competitors and get your potential customers to notice your brand. But you may be asking yourself how you can incorporate this highly effective printing technique into your print materials and we’re here to help. Below is a list of different print products where you could utilize UV print coating.
- Product Packaging – When a customer receives their package in the mail from your company the look and feel of that package can make all the difference. So including UV spot printing into the design on your packaging will make it look and feel luxurious and stand out from all other packages they receive.
- Brochures – Most business brochures are pretty standard, so make yours not only stand out but more durable with spot UV printing.
- Business Cards – This is probably the most common place you will see UV printing used. This printing technique keeps you and your business top of mind and increases the durability of your contact information, which is highly important when it comes to making connections.
- Package Inserts – Not only can you incorporate UV print coating on the package of your product, but you can also include it on any of the packaging inserts that go with your product. Maybe you include a discount or coupon in your package, or even a thank you for your purchase note. Either way using UV spot printing on these inserts help bring attention to them and keep your customers coming back.
- Direct Mail – If you want to get the most from your next direct mail campaign, consider adding a touch of spot UV coating to part of the design on your direct mail piece. This will help grab your readers attention plus it’s eco-friendly!
UV spot coating offers multiple benefits to your printed materials. If you want high-quality, long-lasting marketing materials, consider UV spot coating in order to give your prints the extra gloss and protection they need.
Contact Us Now for More InformationPhone: 609-900-8492